My nose is sore, Dry & Bleeding What Can I use?

Its been below zero most of the month! We can only heat with Dry Wood Stove Heat! So my nose is beyond Dry inside & sore! What if anything can I put in it to provide Moisture & help it!? Thank you for any Good Suggestions!!

Asked by Angellinda at 10:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• Run a humidifier day and night. We heated with wood most of my life and now forced heat and I run one all night long....on ocassion in the living room during the day. But when my skin itself is bad I put vaseline on the outside of my nose, lips, between top lip and nose.....and inside my nostrils. That heals it up better than anything else.

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Try turning on a humidifier.You also can use a saline spray.

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If you don't have a humidifier you can boil water in a tea kettle to add moisture to the air. Also, taking a hot steamy shower might help. If you have a wood stove you can leave an old fashioned tea kettle on the wood stove to boil and keep moisture constantly.

Answer by beckcorc at 10:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Humidifier and put some Vaseline up there with a Q-tip at night.

Answer by xtina34 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• all good tips, I use vapor rub, or petroleum jelly, or a cream from the store for the nose called Ayers saline cream, its like pretroleum jelly and it has aloe vera in it. i get those too, the doctor calls them "bleeders"

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009