My nose is sore, Dry & Bleeding What Can I use?

Its been below zero most of the month! We can only heat with Dry Wood Stove Heat! So my nose is beyond Dry inside & sore! What if anything can I put in it to provide Moisture & help it!? Thank you for any Good Suggestions!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• Run a humidifier day and night. We heated with wood most of my life and now forced heat and I run one all night long....on ocassion in the living room during the day. But when my skin itself is bad I put vaseline on the outside of my nose, lips, between top lip and nose.....and inside my nostrils. That heals it up better than anything else.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Try turning on a humidifier.You also can use a saline spray.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If you don't have a humidifier you can boil water in a tea kettle to add moisture to the air. Also, taking a hot steamy shower might help. If you have a wood stove you can leave an old fashioned tea kettle on the wood stove to boil and keep moisture constantly.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Humidifier and put some Vaseline up there with a Q-tip at night.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• all good tips, I use vapor rub, or petroleum jelly, or a cream from the store for the nose called Ayers saline cream, its like pretroleum jelly and it has aloe vera in it. i get those too, the doctor calls them "bleeders"
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2009