How to agree on a name?

I got to pick out our son's first name and we gave him my husband's middle name. My husband never threw a fit about the name I chose although at first he said no because it was his friend's nephew's name (like that matters). But now he says he gets to pick out our second child's name, but the only problem is I HATE all the names he comes up with. Like literally there is no way in hell I'm calling my child that. I don't want to hurt his feelings or make him feel like I'm being controlling but what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to keep talking and just keep trying to compromise. You both need to just respect each other and talk this through. Explain to him, VERY nicely that you don't like the names he chose, but you want to keep talking about it until you can both come up with a name you can agree on.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Fill out the birth certificate when he's not there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You both need to sit down, write up a list of 100 boy names.. and find which ones you have in common. Then let him pick out of those.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2009