how do i know if my baby has colic?

she has a lot of gas, which makes her fussy, but now i'm starting to wonder if it's colic.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Colicky babies have what is called a "Witching Hour" They cry for 3 or 4 hours straight and are inconsolable 3 or 4 nights a week. If your baby has gas, try doing the "bicycle" with her legs. This will help to relieve it. Also try laying her face down across your arm, her face in your palm, butt by your elbow. Some babies that have colic are now being found to have reflux. Hope that helps:)
    alalsip

Answer by alalsip at 6:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my dd had it pm me if you want information
    katiesmom123

Answer by katiesmom123 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My first was colicky - exhausting for him and for me! I recently something a mother had typed. She was so grateful because she went to a natural doctor about colic and he noticed that her baby was humming a bit as he nursed. He suspected that her milk was filling his mouth so rapidly that he was struggling to swallow it fast enough and breathe at the same time, so he was swallowing a lot of air. The doctor recommended that she hold her baby so his head was higher than the nipple, and also that she take a break after the first seconds of nursing to let the really rapid flow of milk calm down. She said this worked wonders. I wish I had known of this years ago! Hope it helps!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Whether it's colic or not get gripe water from a health food store. It's a probiotic that helps with gas, reflux, and pain. It also strengthens their immune systems. My sister's baby had horrible colic and this solved it very quickly.
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 10:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008