Ok, so how do I ask this politely?(For Christians)

Do you think that you do a good job behaving as Jesus would like you to? I know I don't. I'm judgemental and bitchy. But I would like to think that he would look at me and say, "You did your best." Do you think you can be more like him and less judgemental?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• All that stuff can change. We all have our Struggles. NO one will ever be as good as Jesus was, because He was perfect. But we are supposed to try. I am definitely NOT anywhere near perfect and probably never will be. But I can keep praying and asking God to help me, to change me, to show me how to change. It's all a work in progress, you just really have to want it and seek it out.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• lol. If I say I'm more like him, then I'm being boastful, which is just as wrong.

I have the nasty little voice in the back of my head. I can usually shut it up though.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Every day at mealtimes and other times when we pray we ask for strength to live as a family through His eyes, and to continue to do the Lords work as he sees fit through us. And we all have our faults we struggle with every day.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Pray for his forgiveness.Ask him to give you strength to become a better person.The more you pray about this the more likely he will grant your prayer.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• good job of behaving like Jesus?! haha more so now that im married, but no...not really. there is always room for improvement & like a PP said, i have that evil voice in my head that says nasty things about people. im just glad ive learned to keep my mouth shut haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I think I am very good at behaving as he would like, however I am guilty to having thoughts (that I usually keep to myself) that are not what he would like.....I have been working on it for years, and I am sure will continue working on it for years to come :)

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• No, I know I'm doing kind of crappy in that area. I don't know but it's like your mind is telling you to do the right thing but it's just "easier" not to. lol.
    I'm stuck in a rut right now and yea..I'm to blame.
    I think everyone goes through this though.
    Where they feel so distant from God and they just worry about worldly things instead of seeking God in all aspect in life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• LOL! Everyone on the face of the earth is judgmental and bitchy at one point or another - and anyone who says different is a liar.

Don't worry about it; just work at being better at overcoming it. I don't think God cares one way or the other as long as we are doing our best to honor Him.

You are worrying about man-made rules and regulations. All that is required to be a child of God is (1) To love God with all your heart and being (2) To treat your neighbor well.

That's it ... God is not asking too much: PEOPLE DO. God knows we will be human; that's why we need Jesus :-)

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 2:26 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• HA! I fail miserably! I'm just grateful to know that I'm forgiven, because every time I turn around I'm messing up again. In my thoughts, in my dress, in my actions, in my speech. It's terrible. I'm getting better, but boy oh boy have I messed up! :)
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 3:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• None of us are perfect,and we sure all fail at behaving like Jesus. It's just our human nature. Glory to God,though that we are all sinner saved by grace. God knows we are gonna mess up,and act badly at times, but He is faithful to forgive us,and pour out His grace and mercy anew everyday. We truly do worship an amazing, awesome God,who never fails to inspire awe in me. And, above all, who never fails me, period.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2009