Is it true

if dh and I seperate, he only have to give me a portion of the BAH (500-600$) and don't have to provide me with a car or anything?

Mamivon3

Asked by Mamivon3 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2012 in Military

• I'd check it out with a lawyer. My guess would be on a car is whoever has their name on the title owns the car.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2012

• Get a lawyer. But Im with PP on this.
    Aidensmomma2224

Answer by Aidensmomma2224 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2012

• He has to give you part of the BAH and spousal support but if the car is in his name, it is his.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 6:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• He will have to pay you child support in an amount that is roughly half of what he gets for BAH (which changes by location and rank ~ meaning it might actually be lower in some areas), but by paying that amount of child support, he is allowed to get his full allotment of BAH as well.

The car will likely go to whoever has their name on the title ~ although if it's in his name a judge 'might' give you an option to refinance it yourself. That depends on the judge, and if you can't refi it won't be an option.

Child support is generally set at the fed level as 20% for 1 child, 25% for 2, etc. up to 50%. Your children will continue to be covered by tricare but you'll have to look for in network docs or pay more for deductibles/co-pays.

Depending on what state you live in, your home state, and whether or not he's deployed, you may not get anything but tricare and cs until a divorce is final.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• I'd check it out with a lawyer.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2012

• He doesn't even have to provide half of the BAH. You are on your own, chicka. He isn't obligated to anything but child support if you have children.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• He does have to give you half of what he makes, and it's ordered, but also. it depends who's name the car is in, if it's your husband's, it's his! and maybe y'all can settle your own way on how yall wanna make it, because if it's ordered, they do it the hard way, and it fucks both you and the s/o over sometimes, not all the time, just depends on the C/O and their decisions. - good luck
    SouthernDarling

Answer by SouthernDarling at 12:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2012