what can you do for newborns with stuffy nose

smalls12

Asked by smalls12 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• can squirt a little bit of home made saline up there to loosen the snot......if it's not very runny and suck it out with the nose ball thing. try to see if any snot comes out first before adding any saline up there. you can also drip breast milk up there, i think to help loosen it and suck it out.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Use the bugger sucker regularly to suction out as much as you can. Little Noses makes a saline solution which you can drop in to the nose to help. Also, sleeping on an angle...like in a swing or bouncer seat will help.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I put vicks on the bottoms of my babys feet, than put socks or footy PJs on him. Works great! I also put vicks on my chest and put a shirt on and than hold him against my chest!
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2009