Had an ultra sound today and now I'm sore. What do I do?

I had an ultra sound today and the tech was pushing pretty hard on my stomach. Now I'm pretty sore.

Has anyone had this happen before? What can I do to make it more comfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They shouldn't need to push hard for an ultrasound. My suggestion, lay down.....get some rest, take it easy and take some tylenol if needed. When you go in for future ultrasounds, if they push hard, speak up and let them know that it's painful. They will adjust.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• yeah, they pushed pretty damn hard w my first 2.. i'd say just go lay down and rest and take tylenol like pp suggested..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Next time drink more water, lol! That's usually the reason they have to push hard. If your bladder's not full, the uterus is harder for them to get at with the ultrasound thingy.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• wow... i didn't hardly even feel the US on my belly...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yeah my stomach hurt after my ultra sound to. I just rubbed my belly with lotion and just rested.
    As far as trying to have a full bladder for your next ultra sound my doctor told me that it didn't matter if you had a full bladder or not. the ultra sound tech that did my ultra sound said it was better if you didn't have a full bladder. But I guess that depends on your tech and doctor.
    mgurl

Answer by mgurl at 1:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• they pushed hard for one of mine, i drank enough water, and it was a clear picture, except the baby was sitting in a funny position. they were trying to get him to move or roll over and wouldnt, so she just had to press underneath him to get the picture she needed. i was only sore for a couple days, and i wasnt horribly uncomfortable, it will pass, just another fun part of being pregnant! good luck.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 1:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2009