My beautiful daughter has curly when wet -kinky when dry hair...any products to suggest...I'm from puerto rico with soft curls and daddy is african american with coarse hair.

mamawilson112

Asked by mamawilson112 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Our daughter's hair is the same!!! It looks like the hair could belong to two different people, right? omg..lol Curly when wet, Kinky when dry! Im african american & dads Puerto nrican.. We use the whole line of soft and beautiful olive oil products. The olive oil detangler is a miracle worker!!!!!
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Is your daugthers hair more like her dads or is it more like yours?Let me clearify that,does she have African type of hair or does she have the Puerto-Rico type of hair.If her hair is like her dads,then use leave in conditioner.My adopted baby sister is half African American and half white,so her hair is curly,but isn't coarse.My mom uses leave in conditioner for her,because her hair tangles easy.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• exactly... i never tried the soft and beautiful olive oil ...thanks I'll give it a try...I already do the leave in conditioner but it doesn't do much
    mamawilson112

Answer by mamawilson112 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Let me know how it works for you. I know you will be pleased. Also get the shea butter lotion.. LOVE IT!! Its a clear bottle, green cover & the lotion is yellow.. it softens like nobody's business..LOL... Enjoy! I know you will ;)
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My children have mixed hair also and I use MOMS moisturizer. It is the only thing that works for my kid's hair.
    MomnVa

Answer by MomnVa at 11:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• thanks...I'll take all suggestions...Do any of the you gals leave their hair loose? because she loves to have her hair out but it starts off okay and eventually becomes a frizzy poof and her little face gets lost in there...I must say it looks cute but it needs some care
    mamawilson112

Answer by mamawilson112 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Good Luck, you are puertorican and should be able to manage it.
    Anonymous