What is Communion?

What is the point of getting this?

Not being mean..really just wondering...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its eating Jesus flesh and drinking his blood.
    nicholeluvslucy

Answer by nicholeluvslucy at 11:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• to remember what Jesus did for us...his body the bread and his blood the wine or grape juice whatever you get in your church.

When the hour had come, He sat down, and the twelve[a] apostles with Him. 15 Then He said to them, “With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; 16 for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”
    17 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves; 18 for I say to you,[b] I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”
    19 And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
    20
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 11:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• It is different whether you are Catholic or not.

If you are not, it is simply to remember what He has done for us. Catholics are a bit more literal in the translation.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• to me it is like a covenant with God. He sent His Son for me. Jesus made a covenant with me when He hung on the cross. He was saying He loved me enough to die for me, and that He would never leave me. when i take communion, i do it to remember that covenant He made to me. Jesus said when we do it, to remember Him. i make a covenant to Him by living as His child, following His teachings, being obedient to His ways. its very personal to me-although i feel anyone who is a christian (accepts that He died for them, was raised from the dead to forgive them of their sins, and truly desires to live with a relationship with them-regardless of their "religion") can and should take communion, when i do it, its like it is a bonding between my Heavenly Father and me.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i know this will raise alot of eyebrows, but ive done it with dr. pepper and bread before. i think its more about the meaning behind it, not the outward gesture for everyone else to see. there are times when i feel myself doing my own thing, following my own self, and not living in the will of God. i take communion at home to remember what He did, and why He did it.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• just a differnt belif in aceppting jesus christ as your lord and savior.
    Serenityc21

Answer by Serenityc21 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009