Christians...

I don't think its bad to drink a little. I use do to help me sleep. I noticed someone previously asked too. My question is can I read the bible after I drink a little to help me relax? I felt like I couldn't last night. :( I felt like I couldn't be praying either. Have you done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God hears us no matter what shape we're in.

This isn't exactly true. ( Read Psalms 66:18) OP, the other posters are right, the Bible only speaks of drinking to excess as being sinful. Follow your personal convictions on this.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• the bible says nothing about not drinking it says not to get drunk..

Ephesians 5:18 ESV / 9 helpful votes
    And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit

HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 11:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I have a glass of wine everynight before bed,I agree that it's not bad unless you get drunk.
    Anonymous

• I feel a little guilty praying when I'm shitfaced but I feel worse when I don't pray so I do it anyway.
    Anonymous

• Oh and to HisServant...it says do not get drunk with wine. Does it say anything about vodka?
    Anonymous

• Paul said to take wine for our stomachs. I also do not think it's a sin to have a little bit of wine before bed - if, however, you drink until you are drunk, that is another situation. But don't sweat the small stuff: And, FYI: God hears us no matter what shape we're in.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 2:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i think this could be different for everyone. you need to realize if what your feeling is guilt (not from God) or the Holy Spirit convicting you. i drink. i like to have a colorado bulldog now and then. i have alcohal at my home. but i know people that i respect more than anything in this world, and they choose not to drink. before they became a christian, they had problems with alcohol, or whatever reason. i dont think there is anything wrong with it. just make sure what your feeling is not the devil trying to make you all legalistic and guilty. if your guilty, you dont pray or read your bible or you have a hard time concentrating on it. that is worse than taking a drink before bed. dont sweat it!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2009