yeast infection...

i Just got over a yeast infection less then a week ago. I used an internal cream. and now i have another one. Im 38 weeks pregnant and i was just wondering if this is common for pregnant women, or is it something i should worry about?

momma_bear11

Asked by momma_bear11 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is very common as it is caused by pregnancy hormones, i got a yeast infection and went to the doctor, they should prescribe you some pills for that , they gave me a one time pill and yeast infection went away and never came back since then, maybe the internal creams are not as effective! go to your doctor :) and dont worry but have it treated soon.
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 12:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i get them all the time and my doctor tells me to use the creme but i dont know if it is normal but it does happen to me too
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• eat atleast one yogurt a day the bacteria in the yogurt helps kill the yeast.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I got 3 in my last pregnancy I kept taking the cream things and it came back finally my midwife gave me the pill, and it never came back, UNTIL NOW, I'm almost16 weeks and had it when I was about 10 weeks so again I took the cream and it just came back , I'm seeing my doctor next week and I'm not leaving there with out the pill

Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• see if your doctor can give you a medication for it thats what helped me, its important to get that taken care of, or you can have the same problem as me, because of my yeast infection i ended up passing it to my baby, he had yeast infection in his month when he was born its called thrush, and it was sad because it was painful for him to eat till it got better. good luck, you are almost done ya!
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 2:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• well i got a yeast infectio wehn i was 31 weeks, and u should use the EXTERNAL cream. works way faster.
    Serenityc21

Answer by Serenityc21 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2009