Is sex supposed to smell?

My husband and I have a very strong sex smell. How do we get rid of it? Is it normal to have a sex smell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2009 in Health

• there is a scent both during and after sex, it doesnt mean anyone is dirty, its called hormones and sweat which is part of a healthy sex life, make sure afterwards the two of you take a shower make it part of your sexual routine of course it could lead to more sex but then agian thats healthy too! also depending on how often you change your sheets you may need to change them more often or invest in a sheet refreshner made for this type of thing apply it when changing the sheets and i also use it daily beteween changes, added bonus it helps with reducing wet spots and gives a softer feel to your bed.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It means one of ya'll need to take a bath before sex.. seriously! how nasty is that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well, not if you wash your parts after the deed! Do you just go without washing after having sex all the time? Of Course it's going to stink! Wash after sex!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think its normal to have a smell but a strong smell? IDK. To get rid of it, try showering before & after sex.
    Anonymous

• Well the room always smells like sex after hubby and I do it and we are both clean. I don't know your definition of strong but sex can definitely be smelled in the air. I'm sure you're normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Ok...(I'm the one that posted the question)
    1.- We are very clean people. Yes, we do take showers.
    2-Yes, I wash and pee after sex.

I'm just wondering if it has something to do with my husband's diet? He is a very picky eater and doesn't eat balanced meals. I'm wondering if his cum has a weird scent which contributes greatly to our sex smell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes, I change the sheets every three to four days and I have sheet refreshner. I want to thank you for being nice in your response. I like looking at other people's questions,and I enjoy both asking and answering them. So, thank you 3ringcircus for being both helpful and nice. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yuck.... makes me NOT wanna have sex... gag gag gag gag
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Not a problem :) sometimes very valid questions get the most interesting responses :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:42 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would have to say its from the sweat,pheramones,as well as the cum.Just take a shower afterwards and air out the room.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2009