How do I get rid of mice?

We have mice! I'm so mortified! We keep everything so clean, so I don't even know how they could survive in our townhouse. I bought 'friendly' mouse traps. Any other suggestions? How long does it normally take to get rid of them? If they do die without me knowing about it, how bad will the smell be? How will we be able to get them out of the walls? Ahhh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• ohhh, i lived on a ranch my house was super clean but still the field mice found us, i tried everything and the only sure fire things that worked was having cats, keeping food put away, not having boxes stored in our home or garage, keeping pet food in tight containers.

Mice love places they can nest such as papers cothing and boxes, if you have items stored in boxes in your garage or a shed it will attract them, try using containers with tight lids (mice can squeeze in to snall spaces) if they die in the walls there isnt much you can do, traps work we have used them but there is a lot of work involved in maintaining those, if you go that route use peanut butter they love it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Get a cat.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i agree with the first respons also dry sheets they hate the smell so stick them everywear you know the are. cabinets and so forth. replace when they smell less strong you can but the cheap ones nothing fancy. works for me. good luck and dont get the sticky traps they get stuck and suffer a slow death and i feel bad. and a cat can help
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• peanut butter. set a homemade trap. (they'll get stuck in it)
    Serenityc21

Answer by Serenityc21 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2009