how do you potty train stuborn three year old boys.

I have tryed everything i can think of. we have been trying for over six months, he wares underware and he stays dry for hafe a day or so but when he says he has to go he dosent on the potty.please help i am fustrated looking for advice.

greenraven

Asked by greenraven at 12:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You are not the only one! I can't even use underwear- he will pee right in them. We have to put pants on and nothing else. Sometimes that doesn't even work. Have you tried moving the potty into the play room or living room? I found that it was easier to do that because he didn't have to totally leave whatever activity he was doing- he could jump up, pee and get right back. Now he will choose to go to the "big" potty. But. like you it's still touch and go. The only other thing that worked for me was to let him run around with no pants on- at least then you know when he has to go and can remind him to use the potty.
    twinsmom1214

Answer by twinsmom1214 at 8:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think on the Fine Living Channel I saw a flushing Training Urinal for boys. Found it online for $39.95. It might make peeing in the potty a little more fun for him so he will want to go potty.
    As for my son, just taking him every so often helped, he hated sitting there, but I explained that until he stopped peeing in his pants we would have to do it my way.
    LisaUpte

Answer by LisaUpte at 12:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son will be 4 in April and refuses to use the potty! I am right there with you!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 1:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009