How do i get my kid to stop sucking their thumb?

She is a 3 year old girl

LoveMommy1982

Asked by LoveMommy1982 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=5894&parentCategoryId=85195&categoryId=85243&subCategoryId=86234
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Any thing that doesnt cost 74 dollors

LoveMommy1982

Answer by LoveMommy1982 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• well her braces are gong to cost you a couple grand....
    Anonymous

• ya i was thinking about just painting her nails cuz she will prop. need braces any way
    LoveMommy1982

Answer by LoveMommy1982 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Tell her she will have buck teeth. I have 2 older sisters there a year and half apart and I'm 6/7 years behind them. The oldest sister sucked her thumb like i did. She had to have a retainer. The middle sister Would put her top teeth over her bottom..we would tell her to unbuck.. It kind of embarressed her. She had to have a head gear. When i saw that head gear i never sucked my thumb again.! Also my dad used to put rulers on the inside of my arms and then would wrap my arms in ace bandages, so i could bend my arm to suck my thumb, be4 i would go to bed at night. That helped too.
    Serenityc21

Answer by Serenityc21 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My daughter is 3 and still sucks her thumb. I worry about it messing up her teeth too. I took her to the dentist when she turned 3, about 6 mos ago and the dentist knew right away that she sucked her thumb. She said that really at three they do not understand not to do it, and when she turns 4 we will start to talk to her about it. I do not want to put any contraption on her thumb so that she cannot suck it, but also dont want her sucking it forever- lol! My DH sucked his thumb when he was little, but just stopped when he started school. Hopefully it will be the same for her. Good Luck!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 10:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Thanks her twin used to suck his thumb but he stopped
    LoveMommy1982

Answer by LoveMommy1982 at 2:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2009