Camping

I have kids that want to go camping they are 10,13,14,16,17. I was debating on whether they would be okay by themselves for a night? Bad idea???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2012 in Entertainment

• Camping where? I wouldn't let them go camping by themselves at a campsite or anything like that. Especially not the younger three. They still need overnight supervision.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2012

• Is the 16 and 17 responsible enough to watch over the younger one's is the first question you need to ask yourself.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2012

• Ya I trust them. I'm still on the fence though have not made a decision.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2012

• I personally would feel comfortable letting the 10 or 13 yr old go
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2012

• I'm a helicopter parent so I wouldn't.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2012

I'm a free range mom and wouldn't do it.

Too easy for a child to get lost going potty in the middle of the night.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2012

• How far away? I would say most likely not, and not because the older ones are not trustworthy, but at most campgrounds, alot of drinking etc goes on,, you don't need some kind of creeper staking out your children and doing something in the middle of the night, now if they have an actual CAMPER that can be locked etc,, I might consider it , if it was very close. I say you and your hubbs get another tent, and go with.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2012

• I would be all over camping in the back yard. Letting them go to a campgrounds or some other location? Not without me. No matter how good and responsible you think they are, when the cat's away the mice will play. Make it a family thing all EVERYONE go. It's a great experience for kids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2012

• In the back yard- maybe. Anywhere else no way! It isn't a matter of trusting them it is all the psychos running around loose
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2012