Why do people on here like to correct others grammar?

Or get all pissy if people use abriv. They will totally NOT answer the post and start talking about how they can't spell??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was just about to ask a similar question! However, mine was going to be geared more towards people's rude comments. It makes me so mad when people bash others! We are supposed to be supportive!
    AHernandez3412

Answer by AHernandez3412 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well let me start off by pointing out that you did not abbreviate abbreviate correctly! LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist... But I think that some people were just trained this way. I know I was.. It was beaten into our heads when we were in school... I think it mostly bothers us older folk because of that reason. Maybe the people that are doing it were school teachers, thats much worse!! Again, I am being funny about your spelling.. DON'T take me seriously!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Probably because some of us are picky about spelling and grammar.

My ds loves LOL Cats. I can't stand them because I hate reading misspellings and screwed up grammar.

But I don't bash anyone for it. I leave the bashing for my students.....lol....
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 12:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i don't correct people, but i am less likely to take their post seriously if the grammar looks like a 10 y/o wrote it. My spelling errors and punctuation when typing quickly are horrid, I am not going to hold that against others.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Someone bashed me for using words such as U or URE... but she knew what I was saying so, i dont see her problem! I also think sometimes people will pick on grammar when they dont agree with your post!! I just like to shorten words B/c, Iam so use to text messages!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Dearest OP:

The proper ABBREVIATION for ABBREVIATION is ABBREV. and NOT abriv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yeah.. I agree about that... Sometimes my fingers don't line up with my brain when I am typing... I make a lot of errors that way too!
    Anonymous

• Dearest anonymous,

I noticed you wrote "Dearest OP:"

The proper way to address a person is to use a comma. For example: "Dearest OP,"

You do not use a colon to address someone.The colon is often used to introduce a list of items.You can also use a colon to introduce an explanation or a definition of something.

Next time you feel the need to be sarcastic check your grammar.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• 12:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 LMAO U R so funny~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Who is 12:30 AM?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2009