Was your first period Post-Partum like this? *TMI*

I am only 4 wks post-partum, and just started my period (I'm pretty sure, anyways) a few days ago. I had serious, serious complications with my delivery, and am still having several health problems, so I want some of your opinions on whether you think this is normal or not.

I am filling up extra-long overnight maxi's every 20 minutes, sometimes less. I'm dropping clots left and right. Earlier today, within 2 hrs I dropped 5 clots the size of the palm of my hand. I mean, I've had bad periods before, but it's been 8 yrs since I've dropped clots like this. Also, I have been throwing up and getting dizzy pretty often.

What do ya'll think? Normal? Was your first period after a baby this agonizing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not normal to "fill" more than one pad an hour. Now is it normal to have a clot larger than a golf ball. PLEASE call your ob or go to the ER. You are most likely dizzy from loss of blood.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• When they sent me home from delivering dd, they told me if I was filling up more than one maxi an hour to call or come in to be safe. You can always call the OB where you delivered and ask their opinion... but what you described does not sound normal and sounds like way too much blood. I was still bleeding at 4 weeks post partum, but from the delivery... not heavy though.

Definitely go in to be safe or at least call the hospital's OB.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• that's Definately Not normal..you need to be seen..now.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I was told if that happened the first 7 days after I had my son that was normal. I def dont think thats right. Call you doctor right away!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 1:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't know what considered normal but I had a very heavy period BUT I don't remember getting dizzy. Call your doc.
    ilovebooksfan

Answer by ilovebooksfan at 2:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009