Do you really think people hate others who are on public assitance or just jealous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• as for myself im a little jealous, i know people that pay less than $100 FOR RENT, I KNOW PEOPLE THAT HAVE LESS THAN $50 ELECTRIC BILLS THE ONLY ASSISTANCE I GET IS MEDICAL AND WIC
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think it may be a little of both.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I hate people who take advatage of it instead of getting off there lazy a** & work for a living like the rest of us do or keep having kids to keep collecting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You know. I swear to you I thought the same thing earlier today. lol.
    I think it's one of those "If I don't have it, you shouldn't deserve it either." attitudes some people have.
    They feel like people who get assistance like that are getting a "free" ticket to being lazy when it's mostly not true at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• A little of both, I have a sister who was a career Welfare mom, when she lost her kids to foster care she then became a "disabled" person. She is the example that I hate. I just don't get all the women that think that welfare is another word for child support. Think about it, how many women on welfare have the babies father living with them. I take pride in working to raise my son by myself and do depend on child support from his dad. I have seen too many women having a good time, getting knocked up and then crying at the Welfare office. I did in fact get WIC for the 1st year but I looked at it as a desperate measure after taking off work for 3 months. I didn't stay on it it the whole 5 years.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I belive yes if you are truly having a hard time or need to get on your feet then yes use it thats why it was intended for but I went to a Medical assisatnt program & most of the girls there were there because they had to show welfare they were trying to better themselves to "get" work & these girls told me they had no intention of working after the course.............(I had to pay out of my pocket 5,000 for this school) they used to buy each other lunch with there cards so sicking,,,,,,,,,,,,,but its not a life style or a free ride so yes I hate people who are to lazy & take advatage
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think some people just don't understand it. I know people who get assistance and both mother and father work and it is just not enough. I don't see anything wrong with a little help but not forever. Someone(mother or father) has to try and get themselves in a better situation.
    Shannfltude

Answer by Shannfltude at 1:26 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• As long as it's not abused, & the help is really needed, I'm all for it. If pp are going to take advantage of it, then I don't like that. Of course, I don't hate pp who are on assistance. No, I'm not jealous of pp on welfare. It's a program for pp who need it & if they are lying or taking advantage of it, then I feel more sorry for them than anything else. And yes pp DO LIE all the time. My mother, my 2 aunts, my husband's mom & cousin were all welfare queens. Except for one of my aunts, THEY ALL LIED & LIVED W/THEIR HUSBANDS/BOYFRIENDS BUT DIDN'T REPORT THEIR HUSBANDS/BOYFRIENDS INCOME. ALL OF THEM. My sister also lies to Wic & doesn't report her husband's income. Believe me, they can afford to buy formula. Funny, right now their at a $150 ticket concert tonight! Think what u want but it happens, not everyone but it happens Unfortunately, my husband & I were raised like that but we refuse to teach our children the same thing
    ilovebooksfan

Answer by ilovebooksfan at 2:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I agree with ilovebooksfan.
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't hate them nor am I jealous. They may be getting assistance, but alot of them are dirt, dirt poor. I think there are alot of people out there getting it that really need it and I am thankful that I am not one of them. I wish I could get some help, but I am glad that our situation isn't that dire.
    Anonymous