Isn't this a little (LOT) hypocritical?

The gay pride month support ad from Oreo (someone posted it below) has the usual suspects all up in arms about how evil it is for a "wholesome" company that caters to children to support those evil homoseksuals. Now they're calling for boycotts of Oreo and Nabisco, to go along with all those other boycotts on things like JC Penney, Disney, Pepsi, Starbucks, etc.

Thing is, they are promoting this hate, err boycott, via their computers and smart phones...in other words, they can't do it without Microsoft, Google and/or Apple helping. Their primary means of communicing this message is email, so aside from the already mentioned Google and Microsoft, Yahoo, AT&T, Time Warner, or facebook and Twitter.

They could get around the tech completely, excpet if you check that link for Yahoo, et al, you'll also find IBM, HP, Weyerhauser and Int'l Paper, so typewriter is a little difficult.  Well, that and the USPS isn't exactly anti-gay either, since there are plans for a Harvey Milk stamp.

If it's SO important not to support companies that support gay rights, wouldn't the responsible thing for these people to do be to get off the computer, put down the smart phone, and stop using the services that are providing millions in support and services to their individual gay employees and gay rights groups around the world?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• homosexuality IS natural and hell is fictional.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2012

• I'm with you Nikkijr. I don't hate anyone. But that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everyone's life choices...and that also doesn't mean that if I disagree then I'm a bigot or hater. Jesus was not shy about correcting others, with love, and as a follower of Jesus I try to live as He did. He was hated for going against the grain, and I know I wil be too.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2012

• So the church no longer values self-control? The church no longer teaches the true Word of God?? I was unaware that if I didn't like what God said (Do not steal, do not murder, love your neighbor, etc) I could just ignore that part. So if I go to the store and just put whatever food I want into the cart, and take it to my car, that's OK, right? If I get mad at my neighbor, I can just do whatever I want to him, even if it kills him, and that's OK, right? I mean, since we can pick and choose which of God's Laws we feel like following.

they dont want your "enlightenment" if it tells them their natural feelings are evil and will cause them to go to hell for eternity. they dont love another man/woman b/c they cant control their urges...they want the same loving committed relationship that married heterosexuals are suppose to have. and many churches deny homosexuals God's love simply for being as God created them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2012

• The world suffers confusion because it doesn't know our creator through His word. I don't hate the people who are confused I am to enlighten them. Love is something that we all need, want, and should have. Unfortunately lust in all its forms is a sad replacement,but that's what this world tried to program us into believeing love is. To be sexually desired. Our creator provides the LOVE we need and aim for. When we learn His truth it destroys all confusion. HalleluYah
    Nikkijr

Answer by Nikkijr at 3:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2012