Do you think bottled water is a waste of money? I was thinking of getting a system that connects to the faucet any comments?

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honestly I don't drink tap water at all, so as long as it has some sort of filtration I don't care if its bottled or not, but I will say that I think the best tasting water ever is Aquafina
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would say it depends on what kind of system you get. I buy bottled water but when it runs out I fill it back up at work. My grandparents have this big fancy system for their water and I drank some one day and almost died, it was so nasty I couldnt stand to drink it.
    samantha_dawn

Answer by samantha_dawn at 1:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Oh I forgot to add that I used to use a Pur water filter system the kind that goes right on you faucet and that worked great
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It depends on the system and weather or not you like the taste of plain water, I dont so I buy flavored water.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We purchased a Brita filter for the faucet and it was very annoying, so we took it off and gave it away, lol.  We have a large Brita water dispenser in the fridge with filtered cold water.  We also have a smaller Brita pitcher on the kitchen counter with room temperature drinking water.  Those systems work a lot better for us than the faucet attachment.  It was a real pain to rinse dishes.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I use the Pur pitcher with the filter. It works really well. We have a Culligan system for the house since we have well water, but I still do not like the taste.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We have a Brita system on our sink also. I dont like it, its to big and the filters are expensive. I think the Brita or Pur water dispenser in the fridge are better.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We have a filter on our fridge water dispenser but I usually just drink tap water. We have good tap water here. Bottled water, if you buy the cheap stuff, is just bottled tap water from some other city.
    I used to get the drinking water from Wal-mart when we lived in another state (because our water tasted gross even filtered) and that water was bottled from the Buffalo Municipal Water Supply in New York. Tasted fine and it was cheap.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We used to only drink bottled water. It did get pricey. Now, we moved and the tap is just fine. However, for work, (when I worked) I always took bottled water with me. It's more convenient.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2009