Since I am so, incredibly tired of people asking "Are you for or against abortions?" I am going to ask something else. How many of you got pregnant and your SO/DH suggested to you to abort the baby?

Did you abort because he wanted it? Did he leave you over it?
I am not asking this to those who wanted to abort their baby. I'm asking if any of you had/have a SO/DH who wanted you to.
What happened? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my ex wanted me to abort my now 4 y/o son, because he wasnt ready for a baby and he really wanted a new dirt bike... granted we were in high school but come on... what an a**hole. My SO on the other hand was very excited when I told him I was pregnant... which I guess explains why my sons dad is the ex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• When I was 18 and had been married for three months, I got pregnant. My hubby hinted at possibly an abortion (we were BOTH in total shock and not very happy) but I just said that I couldn't do that. End of story.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My current boyfriend wanted me to abort the child, I couldnt do it.... its not what i felt was right and i felt as though it would have been a total cop out... so i told him you can either be a part of this babys life or not... its up to you...

and now im 31 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and would never have it any other way...
    SO came around alot and is excited for his baby girl to be born.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i got pregnant at 20, by a guy i JUST met..we had sex on our second date and thats pretty much when i got pregnant..when i found outi was pregnant, he told me to abort it, and i said theres no possible way..and hes like fine then, choose..me or the baby..and im like SEEE YAAAA!! and that was it..never saw him again..until 2 years later when i went after him for child support, and he decided that if he was gonna pay for a kid he might as well be a part of her life..(biggest mistake of my life) i wish i woulda just left him outta it! oh well..whats done is done!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Not me, he wanted mine. But he did ask his ex to, and she refused to even think about it. Yeah, he took responsibility but he has serious resentment about her having the kid. He still thinks that (ten year later) things would be better off is she had had an abortion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• On the other hand, when we found out we were prego with baby 2, even though we had been trying, I let him know that because of the possibility of job loss and an uncertain financial future that I would be willing to discuss it if we had to.....he said nope, he didn't even want to think about it. Gotta say, it is a good feeling to know that the father of your baby WANTS you to be the mother of his kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• BTW 11:32 and 11:34 anon are the same anon :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• IMO, if a man wanted you to abort your baby...he'd be gone. Period.
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 6:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No, I wouldn't be married too him if wanted that.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009