Bottle Question

Hi everyone,
I'm having a horrible time trying to figure out what bottle to use for my son. We were using the Medela bottles w/ the slow flow nipple which was working fine, but now that he's eating more we need bigger bottles (he does not like their medium flow nipple). We're trying the Playtex Ventaire, however they have only a slowflow nipple that takes over 15 mins. for him to eat or a fast flow that takes him only 5 mins. to use, both making him quite grouchy!
Any suggestions on techniques or other bottles would be greatly appreciated. I'm almost at my wits end about this and I feel super bad for him!
Thanks in advance!

Stepswife

Asked by Stepswife at 1:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the Playtex bottles with the plastic liners. They are called Playtex Drop-In's. I love them. the nipple hole is perfect and he rarely gets gassy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I use the Dr. Brown bottles and love them.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• yess mee too i love the dr browns... i used the playtex liners with my first... and i loved them too this time my son didnt want them and my sister inlaw was using the browns... she told me to try them i will never go back... they r great...
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 2:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You can always try using the faster flow nipples, but propping him up on your lap so that he's mostly sitting up. Then you hold the bottle parralel-ish to the ground so the flow is a little slower. That way, when he sucks he'll get milk a little faster, but it won't be pouring down his throat too fast - does that make sense?
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 4:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Playtex with inserts....there's a variable flow nipple I found to work wonderfully!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Playtex makes a medium flow silicone nipple. I found it at Target. It is the perfect flow for my five month old. I would try it with the drop ins.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 7:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I love the Playtex Dropins. They're very easy to clean.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009