what if I dont love my husbend anymore?

liz985

Asked by liz985 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel ya, in the same boat.. not really sure what to tell other then i feel ya pain.. if you want to talk let me know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't know. I feel that way too. I'm not sure what to do about this either. I keep wondering if it's just my emotions running wild or if I really need to end it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Then you probably never loved him to begin with. I mean, sometimes you think you love someone but it is not real love, it is immature love. More closely related to lust and those silly feelings you experience in high school. If you had a mature love with him then you wouldn't be asking this question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Is he kind and respectful toward you?  Is he a good father?  What are some qualities in him that you admire?  Focus on what made you fall in love with him in the first place.  Do what you have to do to recreate the good times and the feelings that came along with them. 

If you can't bring up the past, create new feelings in the present.  I can fall in love all over again when I see DH with our son.  It just melts my heart.  My feelings are 10 times stronger than they were when we met five years ago just from seeing him dedicated, committed, and working hard to take care of our home and family. 

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• A lot of people mistake infatuation for love. When the "butterflies" stop because of the stresses of kids, work, and other daily pressures, couples often come last. Some people look for escape in other potential partners. Take time to really talk to each other at least once a day and have a date night at least once every two weeks. If the problems are more complicated than that, see a counselor, especially a spiritual one that understands marriage and family. Some will work on a sliding scale. Think to yourself in every way possible if you are happier with him or without him, and if the costs--financially or otherwise--of divorce are truly worth it.
    goldenruler

Answer by goldenruler at 5:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Do you not LOVE him anymore? Or are you not IN LOVE with him anymore? I think there is a difference. I love my husband with all of my heart but I'm no longer in love with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• What changed?
    MomnVa

Answer by MomnVa at 10:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• hon im in the same boat if you want to talk im here
    Anonymous

• I've felt the same way before. And I agree with an above comment. Being "In-love" and just loving someone are 2 VERY different things. If you are expecting to have those nice warm cuddly feelings all the time you will be waiting a long, long time. it's not always that way. I thought at one point that I might not love my DH anymore, but then I looked at everything about him and realized I love him still, I'm just not "in-love" with him anymore. and sometimes I do still get that cute butterflys feeling, but it is rare and that is perfectly normal. I love my DH with everything in me, and yes sometimes I miss the way it used to feel. But no matter who you are with, you WILL run into this situation if you've been with them for any significant amount of time.
    Anonymous