Is it normal for a few drops of blood to come from your c-section incision 3 weeks after?

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2012 in Health

• When I had my youngest, I had to go to a hearing for my divorce 3 weeks after he was born. I wore jeans, and they were a bit tight, and rubbed on my incision site, causing it to bleed quite a bit. I freaked and called my doctor and he said that it was fine. But he also told me that any time there's blood or anything else coming out of it, I should call. So even though it might be perfectly fine, I'd still call and ask.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2012

• ive had 2 c sections and that never happened.. i dont know if its normal or not. but im sure ur dr would want to check you to make sure your ok.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2012

• I don't think so. I never bled from mine.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2012

• i got a small part of it packed w gauze this morning because it was open, got some pain meds & i go back monday to get the gauze out.
    mandielynn23

Comment by mandielynn23 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2012