It's only Mommy and no one else, not even daddy sometimes! Please Help!

I know this is probably normal but I need advice. My one year old has only been wanting me lately for about a week now. I mean it's so bad that she was in the living room with her dad today and I went to take a shower and she screamed and cried because I left the room. She doesn't really want anyone else to hold her for more than a couple minutes. I just wanted to know how long did it last with your child? How old was he/she? What can I do to help her or break the habit? She has never really been like this; I know she is getting older but she has been a very personable baby up until now really.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 2:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter did the same thing around 1 years old couldnt go no where with out her well i used to put on a cartoon so she could get into it then go do what i gotta do but she grew out of that fast for me that verys on the child I wish u the best with that....
    Tabitha112

Answer by Tabitha112 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I have some one distract my daughter and sneak out...I know it sounds mean but if I didnt I would never get any thing done...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• well with ly girl she will be 3 soon and she goes threw stages of that.... and it come and goes... nothin i can go will help her... but always let her now... you will be right back you will not leave her.... and never just sneek out of the room... it will be all bad... and bad for her too... ou just have to let it pass...
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 2:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Kids go through clingy phases, especially when they are teething. If you have some toys for her to chew on--including cold ones-- and some Hyland's teething tablets on hand, as well as some patience ('cause you're gonna need it), then it should pass.
    goldenruler

Answer by goldenruler at 5:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• That's where I'm at with my two year old. Can't even go to the batroom without my shadow following me. I don;t know what to tell you because I'm at my wits end as well. Can't get much done around the house. I wish I could help. Hopefully they both outgrow it soon. Good Luck.
    zen_zenplz

Answer by zen_zenplz at 5:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My daughter did that with my husband too, she still acts that way sometimes (she 2yr now) but usually when she tired.

My husband wasn't there much when she first born because of his job, so she's always been more attached to me when she needs something. We've gotten him more involved in her playtime, just showing her that she can depend on my husband for things too helps out alot. They'll attach themselves to whoever gives them the most attention.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• dont feel bad im going to have the same problem when my hubby gets back from his deployment with our youngest she was 3 months old when he left for deployment so she wont remember him at all so he is going to be the same way and all she says is dada
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• that's just kids. enjoy the love while you can. i just let my daughter follow me. i'd never let a cartoon do my job. especially at this age.
    Anonymous