What should I do?

I sold my dog well I thought I wanted to sell him but now that hes gones I regret it. I kind of didnt want to sell him anymore but someone ought him. Should I try to get him back by asking the people for him or just get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pets

• i say get over it.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You either had good reasons for selling the dog or you did not.

If you did - then those reasons probably still stand.

If you did not - then the dog is better off with a family that won't get rid of him on a whim.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Ask them if you can visit him from time to time. You might be pleasantly surprised at how willing they would be. That way you could have your cake and not have to feed it, too. :0)
    goldenruler

Answer by goldenruler at 5:26 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You can't just ask for him back. Unless he is very unhappy where he is, they probably wouldn't give him back anyway. Why did you sell him?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I agree with wimsey. What were the reasons that you chose to sell your dog? If those issues haven't been resolved, it is probably not in the best interest of your dog to ask to have him back. Even if it is simply because you didn't want the dog any more, think of what the reasons were of why you didn't want him. Was it because he was a pain to have to walk? Did he make messes inside? Was he noisy and hard to train? Did you just not have enough time? Now, ask yourself if those issues are going to start bothering you again if you got your dog back. If you can say you honestly want your dog back after asking yourself those questions and pondering why you sold him in the first place, then I would mention to the people that bought him "I miss my dog, if you ever think you don't want him any more or can't take care of him anymore, I'll buy him back from you." Remember, a deal is a deal. You may have to get over it. :-(

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Get over it - you did not want the dog, the dog has a new family to adjust to now - you going over to "visit" would just make it worse for the dog - and if I was the new owner, I would not like it one bit, but I might not say that because I have a problem with telling people to kiss off.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would say to get through these ambivalent feelings and let this dog have his new life. And do not visit, that would disrupt things at the new home. If you were ambivalent for having the dog, please do not try to get him back. A dog and any pet take a lifetime of commitment. I just rescued a puppy from an owner who didn't really want to take care of the puppy. She passed him to a friend who couldn't take care of the puppy. I placed him in what I thought was the perfect home, however the the new owner didn't want to work with the puppy and an existing dog. She gave up after 2 days. I have Jack back and he has a permanent home with me now.
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009