How much do you pay a teenage babysitter?

I am just wondering how much y'all pay a teenage babysitter hourly? We haven't had many and just aren't sure what the going rate is.

Asked by Mommy_Love2310 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We have 2 kids and we pay ours $5 a hour. She is only 12 so not quite a teenager yet.

Answer by CarsonKendall at 6:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I too have 2 kids and I pay at least 5 that is what I use to get but that was really good when I was younger....

Answer by dylandesiree23 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i am a mom of 1 little girl, and i pay 8 an hour. I am 24 yrs old and still babysit for a family and I take my daughter with me and still get 8 an hour. Now i know i am 24..and have my own transportation, plus i am a mom myself. But even before i had my daughter i got anywhere from 8-9 an hour. I personally think that if you know the baby sitter is great with your kids and actually DOES things with your kids they deserve 8 and hour...5 dollars an hour is like worth sitting there and watching T.V. I mean, they are taking care of your KIDS!!!

Answer by dbabyangel976 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I wouldn't go lower than 8.

Answer by silversha21 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• we have a lot of kids so a flat fee is a better deal. we usually pay at least $50.

Answer by allbeall1 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• 8-10

Answer by Lainee at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008