Wanting to get pregnant; but not...

I have a baby that just turned one. I want to have another baby just not right this minute...I don't think. I have mirena so it's not really possible to get pregnant without getting it taken out. I am not due to get it removed for another 4 years unless I want to. I know my fiancee doesn't want another baby right now. I was wanting to wait until my first was about 3 so in another 2 1/2 years or so. The thing is I actually enjoy being pregnant for the most part, miss being pregnant, and want another baby. I need to wait though for more than a couple reasons. I guess I was just venting more than anything but then again I was wondering... Is it normal to want another baby right after I had one? Does anyone else feel something like this? Am I crazy because I like being pregnant? Should I wait awhile especially since my fiancee doesn't want another one right now?

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 2:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• yupp its called baby fever. i want another baby too but we definitely cannot afford it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Im still dealing with this issue lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I adored being pregnant--both times. My mother liked it so much that me and my brother are only a year four months and a day apart! It drove her nearly to madness. My girls are nearly five years apart, and that for me was just barely enough! I would recommend waiting overall. You didn't specify what birth control method you are on, but it sounds pretty heavy-duty. You don't need a potentially risky pregnancy on top of taking care of your other little one.
    goldenruler

Answer by goldenruler at 5:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• my son is 15 and I totally realistically do not want kids so far apart and since DH is "fixed" it isn't going to happen, but there have been quite a few stages that my son hits where I really want another baby, it lasts on average a week then I go back to what was I thinking!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2009