Please help(teething)

This is my second kid when my daughter was at the teething stage she was fine she didnt cry wake up nuthing she was great now i have a 9 month old son and crys all night and u can tell hes hurting whats the best for him?

Tabitha112

Asked by Tabitha112 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i heard teething tablets work and rubbing a little benedryl on their gums that what my doctor told me
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• teething tablets, and a little Tylenol do wonders at helping stop the pain in babies.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• both of the other answers are great... i agree... another thing you can doo i used the oregel got "big people" not babys they didnt work my girl... i ask the doc if that was ok she is old fashtion so she said it was fine... talk to you doc before you try that... but also try wetting a wash cloth puttin in the frezzer them let them go at it... or freezing a spoon.... and thing cold... will help...
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 2:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• The teething tablets don't work for my son but the Tylenol does. The orajel works instantly but doesn't last long so I usually just give him the orajel and some Tylenol so that by the time the orajel wears off the Tylenol kicks in.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• When my son is teething, it helps to have him in the same room. I've noticed that if he wakes up in pain (bc of teething or gas) he always seems a little more scared if he wakes up alone. Now that we're cosleeping he sleeps a lot better, even when he's teething. Also, you can put bottle nipples or pacis in the fridge/freezer so they are cold and they can work as great teethers.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 4:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• oragel and lots of love.

im as lucky with my DD as you have been with your first. but my friends son had the same trouble as your little one now.. and not much helped..except oragel and hugs
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Hopefully, you have lots of toys for him to chew on, some of them cold. I also found that Hyland's teething tablets have been a lifesaver. They are for babies 4 months and older and are homeopathic. The instructions for how many to give are easily readable on the bottle. They dissolve in the mouth and babies generally like the taste. Hope this'll give you some rest!
    goldenruler

Answer by goldenruler at 5:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• That baby oragel is great. Too bad I didn't figure that out with the 1st kid! It is also good on bigger kids when they get a cut etc, it numbs any site.
    moontree

Answer by moontree at 8:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Try a little baby Motrin or Advil. It is safe for babies 6 mo. and older. It has an anti inflammatory in it which helps reduce swelling in the gums and allows the teeth to break through a little quicker (at least in my experience). Once the tooth has broken through, you're in a lot better shape.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Teething tablets work really good. I'd do that with tyenol and ibprofen combination...like tyenol the first time then a couple hours later ibprofen. When babies get their teeth in it's 10 times worse than an adult toothache, can you imagine? I feel so bad for babies when they're teething.
    The tablets work great though, worked really good for my two oldest and plan on using it on my twins as well when the time comes.
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009