How can I feel less tired and look it too?

Okay, I am not getting to bed until 2 or 3 in the morning. I don't know why, I just can't sleep. But once I go to sleep~I am out for about 8-9 hours. So I guess my body is on a different schedule. But I feel tired all day long and what is worse~I look like crap! My eyes, my face, I am even broken out! I have an 8, 4, and 1 yr old so I figure I wouldn't look like Miss America, but I seriously look like I smoke 2 packs a day, get 3 hrs of sleep and have triplet newborns to boot!
I guess what I am asking is how can I look and feel better? Is there anything I can eat, drink, do? I am running out of ideas here. Anything is appreciated!

mom2threegals

Asked by mom2threegals at 2:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Health

• I'm going to watch this question for an answer myself. Its almost 5 am here and I still haven't gone to sleep. Which is normal for me these days.
    D_mom05

Answer by D_mom05 at 7:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• How's yout diet? I think how we eat play a part in how we feel. Maybe you need some vitamins.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Even if you are getting 8 hours- the timing is off. Our bodies don't do well when up til 2-3 am. See if you can reset your internal clock It may be painful for a little while- but it will be worth it. Get up at 7 am. Don't nap. Try to sleep at 10 ish. If you can't, get up after about half an hour and do something relaxing- no CM!! Have some chamomille tea... etc. After about a week of doing this you should be so tired that 10-11 works as a bedtime. Make sure you are eating well and getting exercise so you are physically tired enough to sleep. Don't take anti-histamines- they can interfere with the sleep process. (Ex.- Tylenol PM contains anti-histamine as do most of the OTC sleep aids... Melatonin and/or valerian root can also help ease you into sleep naturally.)
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2009