How should I go about. .

asking my husband if we can try for #3?

He is currently deployed, and we've talked about having another child. We are in a good spot right now, and have the future planned (the best the military will let us. . .lol)
We decided that we would wait until the end of the year, but I want to try for an r/r baby. It was decided to wait because when he comes home, he wants to go back home for a visit and to NY for a family wedding, but i don't see the point in going to NY. ( we'll have to spend 3000 to stay two nights, and then even more to fly back home. so i don't see the point. waste of money to me)

But i am supposed to get an IUD in two weeks, and I just don't' want to. I know it sounds selfish. BUT I just want tips on how to bring it up. or how to go about talking to him about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• While this is not an answer to your question I wanted to say one small thing ... About the family wedding that you see as a waste of money. If your hubby is deployed, and this wedding is for someone on his side of the family, it may be dearly important for him to attend. As far as he's concerned it may be the last time he sees everyone... If I were overseas and someone in my family were getting married on my leave I would do anything to attend.

As for the question itself, that may be important to you for the same reason, subconsciously. maybe you want to try because you're afraid you may not get another chance. I think it's important to be honest with your hubby and tell him that you don't want to wait and would like to try for #3 right away. Tell him why you want to, and why it's important to you. You never know, he might feel the same way and be wondering how to tell you...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 3:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• the wedding is after he comes back. I"m sorry I should have clarified that. He will be home in about 4 weeks, and so i'd be due shortly after the wedding. ( i went early with our other two)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Honestly, wait until he comes home and let him relax some. I would not get the IUD, I would use some other type of BC like the pill or the patch. Then after he is home for a couple months and the two of you are back to your routines and he has adjusted back to life, then talk about it.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well in that case... the second part of my answer still stands, but as for the wedding...

If you are nearly due, or have just had a baby, plan for him to be the only one to attend. I know it'll be hard on you, but no harder than what you're going through right now to be sure... And maybe he can stay with family, or split a hotel room with someone else. Maybe consider taking the bus instead of flying. There are all kinds of options for making the trip more affordable, and if it means you can have the baby you want it would only be fair to compromise...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 3:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2009