carpet mess...helpppppp

last night my dog pooped all over the carpet I mean alot he is sick i think but i tried cleaning it but the smell wont go away what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pets

• Have you tried using the pet cleaning products from the pet store?

If that doesn't help you might have to rent a steam vaccuum to get the mess out.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would use Sol-u-mel. It takes out odors and cleans.
    clockmath

Answer by clockmath at 6:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You are a melaluca buyer :o) (clockmath) I use this stuff from Walmart called OUT! stain and odor remover and it works great. You know how pets have a tendency to potty in the same areas, well it gets the smell out enough so that they don't know where they went. After house training our last puppy I rented a RugDoctor and used this stuff in it and sprayed it directly on the really bad spots and let it sit prior to cleaningit and I can't smell no puppy yuck lol

*got the cigarette smell out of hubby's car from his brother too :o)
    taylorsmommy00

Answer by taylorsmommy00 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Was going to say OUT! but taylorsmommy beat me to it. It really works great. I buy it by the jug...works great in laundry too- to get out odors and any kind of stain.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i used vinegar and water in a spray bottle..didnt get rid of stain but got rid of smell. i spray it every time my dog has an accident
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• They make this stuff called Natures Miracle that my mom used for our sick cat, it got the smell out and the stain. The good part is they sell it by the gallon, so you can always have it handy.
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my family owns the Folex spot remover and it will take that poop and smell away. you never want to cover the stain with a deoderant. when the smell is removed so it the poop. you can pick it up in most stores nation wide or its on the web. good luck!!
    lovebugs_08

Answer by lovebugs_08 at 5:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009