Teachers Only! Please

Hey I'm heather and I'm enrolled in college to become an elementary teacher. If you teach k- 3rd grade could you give me examples of how things work, do you plan the lesson, what all is required that you teach, what kind of work so they do, what does a typical day look like include schedule please. :) I really need help with this. Thank you:)

texasangel3

Asked by texasangel3 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2012 in Money & Work

• I'm not a teacher but my sister taught k for several years. She also taught a couple of the foster kids I had a the time. I'll tell you that one of the biggest things that helped both of us was communication without judgement. As a parent I couldn't do anything to help the kids in school if I didn't know there was a problem and she couldn't help them at school without knowing some basics. Listen to the parents for the most part they know their kids better then anyone and what works.

My own dd was ADHD and we had worked out a "code" that worked great in school. If she started getting restless the teacher would simply walk up to her and put her hand on her shoulder. This told my dd that she needed to settle down and it didn't call her out in front of the other kids.

This may not be what you're looking for but I have to put my 2 cents in on this.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2012