when did your jeans stop being able to button im 10 weeks and mine will not button i am a first time mom

robsgirl692

Asked by robsgirl692 at 3:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im 14 weeks along now. I can still button my jeans up, but its really uncomfortable I usually just end up wearing sweats now.
    CountryLover22

Answer by CountryLover22 at 3:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I was around the same time. If you want to keep wearing them though, you can go to a maternity store and get something called a belly band. They keep your pants up, so you can leave them unbuttoned. Mother hood has them, they are a lifesaver. It saves you from having to go buy Maternity pants so early.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Here is a link so you can check them out. You can get fancier Versions online, but I think these ones work great.
    http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?mastercategory_id=&category_id=&product_Id=30661745&website_id=1
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• or you can just use a hair tie and loop it through the button hole and hook it onto the button. saves a lot of money instead of going and buying those expensive things. i did that up until like 28 weeks or so....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I was 36 weeks. I was really sick though I lost 38 lbs and only gained 15 of it back and my dd weighed 8 lbs 11 ozs. I was a first time mommy.
    JaeleensMommy

Answer by JaeleensMommy at 4:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• With my first i could not button way before 10 weeks,maybe 6 weeks and I have always been very skinny so I thought it would have been a bit longer to keep my pant buttoned.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 5:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I experienced that around the same time. For awhile i was able to get a hair elastic band where one end was around the button and the other went through the hole of the jean where the button goes into. this game me a little more time to wear my jeans without buying new ones. I did eventually buy a belly band. There aren't cheap but helpful. Buying about 2 will extend the time frame in which you will be able to wear you pre-pregnancy jeans
    lawstudentmommy

Answer by lawstudentmommy at 10:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• at about 8 weeks I was so bloated that wearing jeans buttoned hurt so bad so I kept them unbuttoned and loosened my belt. At 10 weeks, I got a Bella Band and that saved me from buying maternity clothes for a bit. at about 17 weeks, I had to give in and buy maternity clothes. I still wear my Bella Band at 35.5 weeks to keep my maternity pants up. Some sort of belly band, whether its Bella Band or Tummy Sleeve is a great investment. I paid 25 dollars a piece for my bella bands and I wear them everyday. They come in different colors such as white, black, brown, grey, tan, and pink. I have a black one and a white one.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Around 35 weeks. I'm 38 weeks now and I can still button some of my pants but not most of them.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• well i guess im very very very lucky, pregnant with my first, and all my clothes still fit. my due date is valentines day, but we are expecting him early. i am all belly, and have only gained somewhere between 25 and 30 lbs.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009