"Troll questions" could be legit? my thoughts...

A lot of the time we just assume or HOPE that these are troll questions because they are so 'out there' or offensive but what if they really are legit questions asked by scared teens or husbands or whatever. MY thoughts are that it is probably VERY easy to google a question about "Can I be pregnant if..." and it brings you directly to Answers on Cafemom... sure they have to create an account to actually post the questions but we all know how easy that is right?
I usually don't answer any questions that many others assume are troll questions but just reading the "14yo and might be pregnant" question made me think that we are giving too much credit to the trolls :P

Thoughts?

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 11:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2012 in About CafeMom

• Sometimes there are questions that I do wonder if they are really being serious and I feel bad that people are giving them crap about it. I generally try to not be that way-but it does happen at times-when I feel like it truly IS troll-ish
    otherwise I just try to give a decent answer
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2012

• when i first signed up
    i asked questions about very personal issues
    i was called troll
    everyone jumped on the troll band wagon
    i deleted question
    asked again- this time said right off the bat- i am not a troll... and asked question again

only when i said this is a real question did the troll screaming stop (a few still yelled troll at me) but i was able to get most moms that answered take my issue serious

------
    the brand new accounts that bring up hot topic and also bring up slang terms only used on here, and some even call out a few regular members and their "repuation" - well then i can assume a member with a 2nd account
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2012

• If it is a teen that is pregnant, she needs more guidance than this site could ever hope to offer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• I don't know I try to answer every question as if it is real just in case. But the pregnancy ones I just say go to the doctor.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2012