Okay so if you read...

Please don't hate, I have a ? My dd sleeps a lot and when I say a lot I mean 16 hours everyday since she was 5 weeks old. She is now 7 months and has two teeth and still sleeps. Is there something wrong with her?

JaeleensMommy

Asked by JaeleensMommy at 4:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I was the same way as a baby. I'd still be that way if I didn't have to be up to take care of the kids and DH LOL.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• nope.. my DD was the same :) enjoy it as it lasts. its not gonna be like this for forever ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I'd ask your doctor about that, but my bet is that she'll start being more a lert and awake as she gets older right now there isn't much for her to do or look at and I know I sleep when i get bored.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 4:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It's totally normal for them to sleep that much in 24 hours. It's actually really good for them, as it gives their brains a chance to process all the things they're learning. It seems pretty simple to us, but all of the sensory information they're taking in for the first time really takes a lot of processing.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 4:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My son was the same way. Slept thru the night at one month old and would take 5 hour naps during the day.  He is 9 now and is still a great sleeper.  He goes to bed at 7:45/8:00 and if there is not school, he gets up at 8:00 or 9:00.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 4:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Nope, that's a good amount of sleep for a baby. 14-16 hours a day is the recommended amount.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• That's great! Like everyone else said, you have nothing to worry about. My 3 year old still sleeps 13 hours.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Thats very normal. My daughter is 9 mo. and sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes two 2ish hour naps during the day. Some days that is 16 hours a day. Enjoy it! As long as your baby doesn't seem lethargic during waking hours, you're golden.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 1, 2009