Anyone know about ...

MIGRAINES? I have been fighting headaches and migraines all week and just feel like crap. Im 14 weeks prego and really just dont know how to take it anymore. They wont go away and they seem to just get worse. I feel dizzy and weak now and i really dont know what to do...? ANYONE KNOW?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 8:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tylenol, cold rag and plenty of fluids ( water) and small, frequent meals are the best way to keep headaches/ migranes at bay. If they are more of a sinus headache it is okay to take claritin and a saline nasal spray ( consult dr. first). I had them HORRIBLY... I have heard of dr's prescribing something stronger for headaches.. Keep track of other symtoms though. If you have blurred vision, see floaties, faint, have high blood pressure, etc. it could be a sign of something more ( like pre-eclamsia)...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Try drinking something that has caffeine in it and take a couple of Tylenol or other acetominophen based pill.  Usually it helps out with my migraines.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 8:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You could be dehydrated or tired. Drink loads of water even though you're not thirsty, maybe you might need to take iron. Ask your doc next time if you have an iron deficiency.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Have you been drinking enough water? It does sound like you are dehydrated. But like the pp said, if you have cut caffeine out, have a little.. that would probably help.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I got migranes with this pregnancy really bad and had to be put on Midrin (sp?) They eventually went away by the time I hit my 3rd trimester. Good luck!
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i still drink soda because im addicted i use to drink it alot but now its 1 every few days... so thats the it and i drink glasses of water all day.. .tons of it.. at work we have 24oz cups and i drink 2 during my shift... i dont know... i go to the dr tomorrow so ill have to ask him
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 12:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• headachs can be normal thing in a pregnancy becuse of the extra blood supply, but my doctor said its important to let her know if the headachs were really bad, because it can be a symptom of a more serious problem i would call and let your doctor know if they are really bad.
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 2:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• As far as your soda goes "one every few days".. You might be experiencing Caffeine headaches. My Dr. told me to take 2 tylenol and wash them down with a small glass of coke.. It worked. they would go right away. You are pretty much safe if you drink ONE can a day ( of coke/pepsi).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i had migraines before getting pregnant and they just got horrible when i was pregnant with my daughter. I was on vicodin much of the pregnancy to deal with them. This time around I have tried to be super conscious of getting my rest, over hydrating, and avoiding stress and amazingly i have avoided them all together. the best thing to do when you have one is lay down in a quite, dark room with a cool towel over your eyes. try tylenol but if it doesn't work don't be afraid to ask your doctor for something stronger if you need it.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2009