• In the Spotlight:

dreaming

I have these dreams about this guy in high school all the time ,we never dated .We where always good friends,he wanted to date me but i said "no".I've been out of h.s for 16 years.Sub-con.do you think this means anything.Maybe i regret not dating him?IDK!!!I'm married i can't do anything about this now,these dreams haunt me all the time.What should i do?Go to a dream specaist?Is there such a thing...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Probably it means that you are thinking of simpler times when you had very few responsibilites and your whole magical life ahead of you. He likely represents the times, not really the person. If you didn't date him you must have had good reason. Now that you have realized that you are dreaming of him, your mind is fixed on this and so you may want to change it, since you feel uncomfortable. Practise guided dreaming. It may take a few times, but before you go to sleep, tell yourself , and mean it, that you are going to be in charge of what you dream. When the dream starts, push it to some other subject, such as your husband walks by, your eyes follow him, and you think THAT is the man I want to marry. You look back at the other guy and realize he is a pale imitation. Something like this would train your dreams to move away from this other guy.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I dream about my highschool sweetheart all the time. I've been out of highschool for 24 years! We're both married to different people, live in different states and have kids. I guess it's a sub-conscious thing for me. I hurt him very badly, being young and immature. I'd do anything to go back in time. Maybe it's the sub-conscious thing for you also. I know you weren't together but maybe you wish you were?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2009