Can Braxton HIcks be felt in your lower abdomen AND your lower back?

like period cramps? (31 wks)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes mine did mine hurt so bad i thought i was in labor and my husband and his family laugh at me all the time about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• yes. mine did too. in fact its possible to have back labor as well.
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 9:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• YES !! I didn't even know I was in labor because all my pain was in my lower back. It felt like someone was shocking me and it sent tingles or pains up my back.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• thats exactly where I feel mine. It can be quite painful but normal. True labor contractions are more regular as oppose to the sporadic nature of the Braxton Hicks contraction that tends to go away with proper hydration or changing of your position
    lawstudentmommy

Answer by lawstudentmommy at 10:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes, its possible. I felt my Braxton Hicks in my lower back for several weeks before I went into labor. When I actually did go into labor, I had no back pain...it was all cramping in stomach (like period cramps). Different people experience it differently. You want to watch for contractions that are consistent and don't go way when you change your position. Also, when you go into labor, the contractions will get progressively more intense as they get closer together.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2009