Has your child ever swallowed their loose tooth?

My son lost his tooth but we think he may have swallowed it. He wants the Tooth Fairy to poof it out of his stomach with her magic. What do I do in this situation?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Out of the four that DD has lost, none have been swallowed. But I have a plan for in case it were to happen...

Write a note to the tooth fairy explaining that a tooth was lost and that Plan 405 needs to be implemented.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2012

• I've never had a child swallow a tooth but I've known some that have.

I think in your case, it might be a good idea to let your son know that the Tooth Fairy can only do certain things. She can only take teeth under a pillow but that she WILL take a note from your son explaining how he lost his tooth in exchange

We had to do that once when my granddaughter lost her tooth down the drain (long story)
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2012

• My daughter swallowed a tooth. The tooth fairy was informed and she got her money.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2012

• Yep, and we did just what Brawnwyn said, we left the tooth fairy a note and dd still got her money, in fact I think she drew the tooth fairy a very nice picture in place of the tooth :D sometimes those baby teeth are so tiny they just can't help but swallow them!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2012

• I swallowed one of my loose teeth when I was younger and my mother sent the tooth fairy a note about it. I got my tooth fairy visit. My son swallowed several of his loose teeth (he has autism and just didn't understand the concept of telling me they were loose or of what to do with the buggers, but he did understand the Tooth Fairy) so we did the same thing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2012

• Yes, my son swallowed his first tooth =(
    We wrote a letter to the tooth fairy and she came.
    My kids have managed to 'lose' their teeth in a lot of places. My son swallowed the first one, the second one got knocked out in our friends swimming pool, never to be found. He lost another one the other day at the gym, he was goofing off and ran into a wall, which knocked the very loose tooth out and it went flying. My daughter lost one in the mulch at the park, never to be found. We are getting really good at writing notes to the tooth fairy.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2012

• Plan 405 needs to be implemented.

Love it!

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2012