How do you feel about parents who DO vaccinate thier children?

I don't think much about them, except to wonder if they did research on it? What about you? I know women who vaccinate who are actually good mothers, so please don't bash parents to vaccinate. (Though personally, I don't really think it is responsible.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't feel anything about them. Most people I know do vaccinate and I am one of the rare ones that doesn't feel my children need it. I did make sure my son was up on his tetanus after getting his little foot caught in a fence at the ballpark, but for things like rotovirus, chickenpox, mmr, ect....its so unncessary. I just think that if you take everything your doctors says as the Gods honest truth, then you doing yourself and your children a disservice. His info is to be taken as advice, not the law. My doc is fine with us not vaccinating for lots of things. I have religious exemptions for the school to keep them off my back and I have agreed to the conditions of the exemption. If there were to be some sort of epidemic, I would agree to take my child out of school for the allotted time. I think its about 2 weeks. Excused of course. I did the research and I was appalled at what I found. Everyone should do it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I vaccinate my kids and I do it to keep them healthy. The only vaccination I refuse to get them is the second chicken pox shot because I think it's useless.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think its probably none of our business if parents vaccinate or not.  I never understood this fight. 

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Heh - I am wondering who asked this now (any why you asked it anonymously?)

I think they they either put to much trust in their doctors (who may not even know any better than them) - or they simply did not do their research.

I do not believe - for a second - that anyone who has done even half as much research into vaccines as I have would go ahead and inject their children.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Don't most people vaccinaate? I think it's very irresponsible if you don't. Some people thing that they know more than doctors and their childen end up getting very sick.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Don't kids have to be vaccinated in order to go to school?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I did my research from unbiased sources and made my decision to vaccinate. I did it for the health and welfare of my children.

Regarding school, no they don't have to be vaccinated. Parents can sign waivers to keep their unvaccinated children in school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• StaceyNoel - nope. Common misconception. There are many many unvaccinated children in schools all around the world - I was one of them - and somehow I managed to live. heh. :)
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• ladysavage, how old are you? If your still young, you still might get sick. Good Luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I dont understand people who choose not to vaccinate. I dont know how I would live with myself if they caught a preventable disease and died or had long term damage from it. So I vaccinate mine. As for those in school I figure as long as mine are vaccinated hopefully they wont catch anything if something were to spread around the school. If it did then I would look into legal action against those who caused my child damage. But until then I think its their choice and hope it wont come to that. If it does come to that I have a lawyer on retainer at all times so either way I am prepared.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2009