What is your honest opinion about people who use internet dating sites?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel you should be very careful. That said, my sister has been married to a guy she met online for 14 years. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I dont have an opinion. Some people dont have time to date in the traditional sense so whatever floats their boat I guess.

Answer by gemgem at 9:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think their very lonely and desperate.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I did meet my fiance over myspace but wasn't looking to date anyone.

My ex-husband, lol, poor guy! He has a match.com account and has had one for the three years we have been apart. It is sad, it really is because everything on his page is a lie or jacked up truth about him. Any girl that he meets on there is up for a rude awakening when they meet a guy that is not the advertised on match.com.... I guess that is why he is still single.

I guess it can work for people but don't get your hopes up!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• As long as they are careful! Good for them
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i met my husband that way lol

married since almost two years now and we have a DD :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It's okay. Not everyone has the opportunity to meet someone at a bar or at work. It isn't any more dangerous than meeting them out in public somewhere instead of first online. I wouldn't say they are any more desperate than anyone else who is in the dating scene or looking for a relationship. I'm too shy for any of it so I'm alone, just me, myself and I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think they're hiding something. Something they don't want a person who isn't in their day to day life to know. Or they're just too ugly and pathetic to meet anyone the right way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• jeez anon:14.....I met my SO online and I dare you to tell me I am ugly or pathetic.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. What is the difference of meeting a guy in a bar or a party??? You still don't know them.
    MomnVa

Answer by MomnVa at 10:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009