Uhh,you're welcome!

My mom drives me nuts. Last week I bought her cut up apples and a cantalope because she's suppose to eat more natural foods(she has COPD)
Today she calls me and starts complaining that the melon was too hard and the apples were too soft. Then she says,"I'm sure it's not your fault,but next time could you get me stuff that is ripe?"
Ahhhhh!
First of all,I bought the stuff,she didn't pay for it. Second,when someone does something nice for you,you don't call them up and complain about it.
If she had eaten the apples within a few days,they would have been fine. The melon was perfect. I was the one that cut it up for her.She takes the satisfaction out of doing something nice for someone.
Do you have anyone in your life that just can't be thankful?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2012 in Relationships

• YES!
    There was a person I knew with no ride to the grocery store. So when I went into on on my weekly expedition I would offer her a ride.
    She had the audacity to complain that my diesel engine was too loud and woke her husband up!
    Yup- She complained one time, because I never went back after that.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2012

• My 41 year old son. No matter what or how much I used to do for him he would complain that it wasn't quite enough. I rarely do anything for him now.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2012

• I'd say there won't be next time...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2012

• yup, so annoying....
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2012

• my daughter in law omg
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2012

• skid 20. sad excuse for a "son."
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 3:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2012

• It's so hard to continue doing things for a complete ingrate. Even when it's your mom. Sorry she acted that way...it was very thoughtful for you to buy her some fruit.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2012

• Yup! My MIL. There was an incident at her house about a month ago, that was not mine or my husbands responsibility. She was out of town, so we have spent the past month fixing her house and cleaning up the mess. She came home recently. Not one thank you, but she sure has complained about what we DID NOT do. We do not even live there, we owe her nothing! We were just trying to be nice and take stress off of her! Story of my husband's life though....all that he does for her, never enough. Her other 2 kids that are in their late/mid 20's, she is like their personal ATM pays most of their bills...she thanks them if they flush her toilet after using it! and go on and on about how sweet and thoughtful they are!
    Watch_me_burn

Answer by Watch_me_burn at 4:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2012

• Maybe she just wanted to talk and had nothing nice to say
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2012