Now that more information is available-

I read this morning that the woman who had the octuplets concieved all 14 of her children with in vitro, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager (this is what her mother said) and her own mother is NOT supportive. Since this new information has come to light, what are your views on her now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's still NONE of our biz!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think that she is clinically crazy. She has a right to be crazy and a right to IVF if that is what she wants. The problem lies with what happens now to these kids and the ones she already has? Who is going to raise them? Is she on public assistance? Are these kids going to need help from society? That is really the only part that is our business. IF society is needed to help raise these kids it becomes our business and our responsibility. I feel for the Grandma and Grandpa and kids.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think its still none of our business. Either we have reproductive choice or we dont. Which is it? Are we going to limit how many children someone chooses to have while saying its ok for someone to have abortions? Its a slippery slope.
    I doubt shes clinically insane and as a psych major really get tired of reading arm chair therapists view points on someone they have little to no information about. As for her mom I think its shameful she would choose to air their families dirty laundry on national news and make her daughter be more talked about then she already has. If anything I question her mothers parenting skills over hers.

Answer by gemgem at 10:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think that the doctors are greedy in letting her do this without sending her for a mental health assessment. But, thats in the past now and she is gonna need help with all those kids and she'll be leaning on grandma for that. I feel sorry for her :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Hmm. If that's the case, I think the doctor has an issue with ethics.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well, it is her choice...BUT if she is living off my tax money to do this...it is bullshit. How is she supporting 14 kids?? There has to be welfare in the picture somehwhere. I haven't seen anything on income so I am assuming. Doctors are greedy and will do a lot for a buck. Someone like this needs to be looked at financially and stable with proper means to support.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• At first I kind of felt bad for her because she was getting all sorts of bad press and nobody even knew anything about her! But, now that all these facts are becoming available it is becoming more clear to me as well that she clearly has a problem. There is no need to bring children up in an environment such as that. Her mother has stated her disapproval to the media, so it has obviously been stated to her daughter and it just hasn't sunk in to her daughter that enough is enough!! No father, no home of their own...(and all by her own choice!! I am not saying anything bad about people who are going through hard times and live with parents, or for moms raising children with out their fathers because it probably was extenuating circumstances!! ) But this was all by her choice. And who is going to pay for it??  Those poor kids. (And IF she is on government assistance-US)

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think the doctors were wrong for not turning her down. I think her parents should have stepped in and sought to get her treatment before it got out of hand.

I firmly believe in a parents choice of family planning, but not in any case where mental health issues are a concern. I certainly hope DCFS is keeping an eye on this family.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Oh people get over yourselves! If she is on PA you think your TD is only going to her? You better find out then where ALL your TD goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think that she has some severe mental/emotional issues that must be addressed. In light of all the new info / facts coming out, I think that the infertility doc should have his license removed!! Though nothing was reported that she is an abusive or neglectful Mom, this is still a mental health issue that is way overdo in immediate intervention. Who is paying for these 8 neonatal critical care babies? Our sons PICU and surgery bills were well in excess of $150,000.00 for ONE child. (emergency though, a rare birth defect - not a choice) Who will pay when they are released from the hospital? This is truly a shame!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2009