Are you aware of the "Scarlet Thread" that runs through the Old Testament?

I'm referring to all the references to Jesus in the Old Testament. Starting with Genesis 1:26,when God says "Let US make man in OUR image", which is of course referring to the Holy Trinity, of which Jesus is part of. The Old Testament is full of verses referring to Jesus,and of course prophesying His birth. Have you ever studied this in-depth? It's very interesting.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I attended seminary college and was a missionary so pretty much I have studied everything in the bible backwards and forwards. Its interesting to read the bible but also understand how it was translated.

Answer by gemgem at 10:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It really is. The church we used to attend did a very in-depth study of this,and I was amazed at how the Old Testament and New Testament parallel one another in terms of Jesus.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes, it is very interesting to know that Jesus was there from the begininng. I think it is quite amusing when people say this or that religion was there before Jesus, they fail to understand that Jesus was there in the begininnig. In the beginiing was the Word. Jesus is just the written Word.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• This sounds fascinating to me. Id love to learn more. I am reading OT right now and other than the repetitive stuff I am just fascinated with all the things God had to say about the making of the Ark, the ephods , the tabernacle and so on .... I want to know more! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• People look for deep meaning in translation that aren't terribly well translated. Learn to read Hebrew and Aramaic if you really want to learn what the Old Testament says.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• hmm...very intresting..
    im doing the program, a bible in a year...im taking on one chapter from both New and Old Testament each day . I will defiantly be looking for ways Jesus is mentioned.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Shaneagle,there are just way too many verses to list here. If you'd like,I can PM you a bunch. It's so fascinating to read.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes. I have studied it very in-depth. God planned the Salvation through Christ Jesus from the founding of earth. How cool is that?

God could have forced us to serve Him - instead, He gave us free will and we love Him because HE IS LOVE; while we were yet sinners, He chose a path of reconciliation that we never need die.

God is just good!

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes. And may a suggest reading...
    THE SCARLET THREAD THROUGH THE BIBLE by W.A. Criswell
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• More proof that God is actually an alien.
    Anonymous