Are you sensitve to the spiritual realm? How do you become more sensitive to serve the Lord better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think people can get so into their material worlds that they lose touch or never get in touch with what God wants for us. I think for those who think they know what God wants without praying about it may get lost. I pray and allow God to work in my life, and lead me where he wants me to be. I might not always understand it but over time I look back and see he was working to guide me where I needed to be the whole time. So my advice is to pray and have faith.

Answer by gemgem at 11:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Have you heard of "the still, small voice"? We allow life to keep us so busy that we cannot hear that voice (God, Christ, the Holy Spirit). We need to deliberately set aside some time each day to focus on Christ through prayer and scripture reading/Bible study. During those times, you can actually hear that quiet voice. (not necessarily audibly!) You are focusing all your attention on Him, like when you are cooking dinner and your child needs to talk to you ~ if you continue to do what you're doing instead of actually stopping for a moment to focus on your child, you can think you are hearing what they are saying, but maybe you aren't listening to what they are saying. Then maybe later you realize you didn't actually hear them b/c you were distracted. Life is like that. Take time each day to spend with God and you will begin to be more spiritually aware of life.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 11:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes to the first question. I am sensitive to the spiritual realm. Meditation helps heighten your sensitivity. Make sure you are protected by the white light and that you have grounded yourself properly. As to the rest of the question I can't answer. I don't believe in god as any kind of physical being or entity. Only as a force of energy if that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes, Im a bit sensative but its not something Ive started working on to increase/improve.

I dont believe in "the Lord" so I wouldnt be using it to serve "him" better anyway.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes I am sensitive to the spiritual realm and I do aspire to improve my abilities. No I don't use them to serve anyone. I use it as a form of communication with another realm. If Christians or anyone wants to learn to communicate with spirits then I believe they need to be grounded and in a ball of protection.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• meditation.. regardless of your religion, you can use meditation to connect with whom you want.. ex. if you are christian, you can mediate to become spiritually closer to God, Pagans can become closer to god/ess, atheist can become spiritually closer to understanding themselves. Etc, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I agree with PSMother: Also, sometimes a time of fasting and prayer, maybe a meal or a daniel fast where you cut out certain foods... during the fast turning off the tv and spending time with God in prayer and in His word.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Meditation. God is quiet and the world is noisy. You must be still to hear the voice of God.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• how do you interpret "sensitive to the spiritual realm"? do you mean like seeing angels and demons, and/or displaying the gifts of the spirit?
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 6:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I am very *spiritual* I just find my inspiration outside in Mother Nature. As for *serving* someone- why would I do that? There is no one *better* than me, including imaginary sky people...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009