younger men

ok I am a young 34 year old woman who is going through a divorce. I was married to a man who was 12 years my senior. I am now looking for younger men and what age do u think is too young. Do u think 20 is too young for a 34 year old woman to date.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• You have to remember the immaturity level with men that are much younger. I am really into a guy at work tha is almost divorced. He is 8 years younger than me and we get along fine, but sometimes when he speaks, it reminds me of high school. That is what is holding me back on asking him out. Plus, waiting that the divorce is done also. Don't want to chance getting involved and him going back to her or being a rebound.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It depends on what you want. I think older men are set in their ways. I have a younger man but he is sometimes really immature. The one thing I really like about him is that he is willing to do anything and we have the best times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Personally, I would stick to someone within 3-5 years of my age, either way. When you have grown up and live in the same generation, so many things are common without even trying. You grew up with the same experiences and may even have some of the same values because of the decade you share. Each generation has it's own identity (like generation X ers are so much different than babyboomers). Someone who is twenty has barely been out in the real world, hasn't decided on a life course, has so many major decisions yet to make (marriage, children, career). Find a man who knows who he is and what he wants. I recommend you avoid the temptation to date anyone outside of the five year guideline, the closer, the better.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 11:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• to the first answer I am the one that is going through the divorce not him. I have dated a man who was 2 years younger than me since the paperwork for the divorce has been started. That was my rebound i think. it did not work out. i am now talking to 2 guys one 20 and one 30 both are great guys so dont know which one to choose. I like them both. the only problem with them is the 20 yr old is military and will be shipped out in the next few months for iraq. the 30 year old travels alot for work. I found two great guys and neither will be close. my luck. i a m not looking for a commitment right now just a friend and if things happen all the better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It could definately work. Can't blame you for looking at younger men. Go cougar go! I would too if I wern't married.
    You should definately keep maturity in mind, unless you are looking to have a meaningless relatinoship. Also think of the example you are setting for your kids.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2009