Are you against paying taxes?

I am. I want to support the things I support and not others. I would like to maintain local needs, (schools, roads) but I don't want to be forced to maintain the military and pay for welfare. AT ALL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not against paying for military personnel. I am not against paying for equipment for military personnel. I am against paying for wars that I believe are morally wrong and I wish that we had more of a choice in whether our military becomes involved. I am against paying school taxes. I think schools should be supported by the community they are in. I would like to see scholorships put into place where the school with the highest scores get more federal money. (if any.)
    I am against welfare. I am not against charity. I feel as though community should be involved in charity and caring for the poor and indigent of it's community. I feel as though local roads, police, fire ambulance, should be paid for locally.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I am for helping the military. These men and women get the shaft when it comes to pay and they are risking their life for me so I can have my freedom.

I do not support the welfare bullshit!!! Especially those who take advantage of it so they don't have to work and live off my dime. I understand when someone loses their job and needs help, god forbid I get there, but they have worked to deserve the help. Those who are baby makers and standing in lines for free hand outs is crap!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No I am not against paying taxes. Some people dont have kids and pay taxes to pay for education, are you against them having to do that also? As someone born and raised in a military family I know what our military does for us, and appreciate every person who chooses to serve so we can have the rights we have. I am also not against welfare programs because I know some people do fall on hard times and need a hand up. I am however against constant hand outs to people who CHOOSE not to better their lives. There needs to be real welfare reform on those who abuse the system but I am not against my taxes going to the programs because some people simply need help and one day who knows, I might be one of them.

Answer by gemgem at 11:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well, the foundation of a democracy is that you can't pick and choose. So.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Wow, and the military don't serve a purpose? I also hope you never fall on hard times. If you do, you better not accept welfare even though your tax dollars went into the program.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Our taxes pay for a lot of stuff the government was never intended to do in the first place. The federal government is supposed to maintain national defense and handle international trade. That is all it is supposed to do. Everything it does beyond that is added in to help people get elected.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Ahh well as far as welfare the only thing that gets to me is those who never worked for any real length of time.Those who are doing drugs.Those (that are capable) who instead of busting their hinds to get out of a bad situation they live off it for years and years.

Military I don't really have any issue with that.Would we rather have to pick up arms ourselves? Some may be willing but many would not.Or would you rather we have no military that is pretty frieghtening to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't mind paying taxes for various programs, but when these greedy politicians skim right off the top (all levels) to pad their pockets and then the funds trickle down from there, I'm not for that. I believe there should be priorities on how taxes are spent before officials are granted their big fat raises (while most people have to do without those). Education should be the first priority with the way many schools are failing. Make sure our men & women of the military get what they work for without any crap. Then, ensure a better method of welfare so that those who truly need it to get on their feet can reap the benefits, while better monitoring those who abuse it.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I certainly do not mind my tax money going to support the military AT ALL. The welfare thing, I agree totally, it is out of hand. A system set up to temporarily help families in need has become a system that supports families, even illegal immigrants. I do NOT want my money supporting illegals or career welfare recipients.  When we pay taxes, why can' t we have boxes to check of where we want our money to go?  lol

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• SusieD250...well how do you suppose the military pay for the equipment?
    Anonymous