How do you Christians

feel on the generational curse. I feel it could be but it could definitly be broken through Christ.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that if you are saved through Christ that all things are forgiven.

Answer by gemgem at 11:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• What is a generational curse?
    kate3937

Answer by kate3937 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/generational_curses.php
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I agree.
    MomnVa

Answer by MomnVa at 11:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think once you are saved, it is broken by the blood shed on Calvary.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 1:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I believe that some things, like a bad temper can be learned, and other things like a tendency towards depression can be inherited, just like a tendency to develop diabetes or heart disease can be inherited. Some things are a combination of both inherited and learned behavior. I don't think it's a generational curse. I'm not a Christian, but even I can't see your God being that vengeful and cruel.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• ive never heard of a generational curse before, and im Christian. i read parts of the article but couldn't read it all b/c i disagree with the whole idea. the reason children are similar to their parents (even if they arent around them) is genetics. things like depression, bad tempers, & other things of a similar nature are problems within the brain; nuerons dont fire correctly, or certain neurological paths were not formed correctly. and this could go down generational lines.

a good friend of mine has anxiety & is adopted. his birth parents (who he didnt meet till 18) also suffer from this. God may have made their minds work that way & given them this struggle, but i dont see it as a punishment that one has to carry b/c of their parents sins.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I believe things can be passed on however they can be broken through the blood of Christ.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't agree with the concept of "generational curse" as outlined in the article. People may have genetic dispositions to something. They may have learned bad habits from their families. But we all have free will and are not locked into any behavior.

The idea of a generational curse seems like it's an attempt to remove personal responsiblity for someone's actions. Like 'it's not my fault, it's something my father caused me to do'. I think God wants us to take responsiblity for our actions and try to rectify any problems. And when we do take personal responsiblity and repent our sins God forgives us and because of the Blood of Christ we can obtain everlasting life.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 5:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i whole heartedly believe in generational curses. poverty is a great example. i dont think its something that is automatically broken when you are saved, but i believe it CAN be if you recognize it, and bind it.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 6:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2009